Author Topic: Who is the Sovereign?  (Read 818 times)

Offline Dale Eastman

• Owner of myself and this website
  • Administrator
  • Promiscuous Poster
  • Reputation 0
  • This space for rent
    • Synaptic Sparks
Who is the Sovereign?
« on: March 14, 2012, 01:36:33 PM »
Very few people I have had contact with understand the concept of SOVEREIGNTY.

Without this concept one can not truly understand Liberty.

sovereignty n., pl. sovereignties. 1. Supremacy of authority or rule as exercised by a sovereign or sovereign state. 2. Royal rank, authority, or power. 3. Complete independence and self-government. 4. A territory existing as an independent state.
Source: American Heritage Electronic Dictionary
As you can see, sovereignty is exercised by the sovereign.

sovereign n. 1. One that exercises supreme, permanent authority, especially in a nation or other governmental unit, as: a. A king, queen, or other noble person who serves as chief of state; a ruler or monarch. b. A national governing council or committee. 2. A nation that governs territory outside its borders.
--sovereign adj. 1. Self-governing; independent: a sovereign state. 2. Having supreme rank or power: a sovereign prince.

1. (adj.) Not governed by a foreign power; self-governing:
    • autonomous
    • independent

Source: American Heritage Electronic Thesaurus
The SOVEREIGN is the one that has supreme rank, power, and/or authority.

It is easily enough stated: NOBODY OUTRANKS THE SOVEREIGN.

While you are attempting to let that sink in, I will paint a verbal picture...
Does anybody outrank a king in his kingdom?
Can anybody command a king to do anything?

The unequivocal answer is NO!

Now that you know and understand what it means to be SOVEREIGN, I am going to ask: In the united States and in the United States of America, who is the SOVEREIGN, who has the highest rank, who is above being commanded by any - body - else?

While you are digesting that question, I'm going to go off on a tangent for just a moment.

I digress momentarily to introduce another concept. This one is called Cognitive Dissonance. While there are many definitions and descriptions on the internet, I prefer to use mine:

Cognitive Dissonance is that very uncomfortable feeling one gets when shown one's beliefs are not supported by fact.  Cognitive dissonance is literally the disharmony between two conflicting thoughts.  The more intensely held the belief and the more unassailable the conflicting fact presented, the greater the anxiety.  Cognitive dissonance is also the illogical nonsense that follows from one trying to alleviate their discomfort and at the same time not give up their sacred belief.

I present this because what follows is likely to give most of you a severe case of Cognitive Dissonance. This quote of the character Cypher, from the movie Matrix, is so fitting: Cypher said to Neo, "It means, buckle your seatbelt, Dorothy, because Kansas is going bye-bye."

So dear reader, buckle your seatbelt because your delusion about citizenship is going bye-bye.

YOU ARE THE SOVEREIGN...

That's right. You are the highest authority in America. Nobody outranks you. If you can not accept this simple truth, then what you are feeling is the aforementioned cognitive dissonance.

You don't believe me. You don't believe this assertion.

You have been brainwashed, conditioned, and socially engineered into giving up this truth and believing the cultural lies instead.

When I make assertions of this nature, I back them with proof.

Proof #1:
The text of the Declaration of Independence:
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness
Bold emphasis mine.

"All men are created equal." We are created with equal SOVEREIGNTY. No one is created with a supreme rank, power, or authority over anybody else. No one is created with the right to rule anybody else.

Being governed requires consent. The SOVEREIGN can not be required to do anything. The SOVEREIGN may consent according to the SOVEREIGN'S will.

Proof #2:
The words of Justice Field of the Supreme Court in 1884:
These inherent rights have never been more happily expressed than in the declaration of independence, that new evangel of liberty to the people: 'We hold these truths to be self-evident'-that is, so plain that their truth is recognized upon their mere statement-'that all men are endowed'-not by edicts of emperors, or decrees of parliament, or acts of congress, but 'by their Creator with certain inalienable rights.'-that is, rights which cannot be bartered away, or given away, or taken away, except in punishment of crime-'and that among these are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness; and to secure these'-not grant them, but secure them- 'governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed.'
BUTCHERS' UNION CO. v. CRESCENT CITY CO., 111 U.S. 746 (1884)
Bold emphasis mine.

Unalienable rights do not come from government. Those rights existed long before government was created, and again, government is created by the consent of the SOVEREIGN.

Proof #3:
The words of Justice Matthews of the Supreme Court in 1886:
When we consider the nature and the theory of our institutions of government, the principles upon which they are supposed to rest, and review the history of their development, we are constrained to conclude that they do not mean to leave room for the play and action of purely personal and arbitrary power. Sovereignty itself is, of course, not subject to law, for it is the author and source of law; but in our system, while sovereign powers are delegated to the agencies of government, sovereignty itself remains with the people, by whom and for whom all government exists and acts. And the law is the definition and limitation of power.
YICK WO v. HOPKINS, 118 U.S. 356 (1886)
Bold emphasis mine.

"Sovereignty itself remains with the people..." Nobody outranks the SOVEREIGN. Justice Matthews says it quite plainly: "Sovereignty itself is, of course, not subject to law..."

Proof #4:
The words of the Preamble of The Constitution of The United States:
We the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.
Bold emphasis mine.

My dictionary definition for "ordain" is "To order by virtue of superior authority; decree or enact." The SOVEREIGN has issued a command.

Nothing in the Preamble relinquishes the SOVEREIGNTY of The People.

And if you "believe" the Preamble is ONLY an introduction, you've
drank the koolaid of the GOVERNMENT INDOCTRINATION CENTER
been brainwashed by the government school system
been taught in a public school system.

Proof #5:
The words of Thomas Jefferson, (the guy who wrote most of the Declaration of Independence):
Of liberty I would say that, in the whole plenitude of its extent, it is unobstructed action according to our will. But rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law,' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the right of an individual.
Bold emphasis mine.

Therefore:
SOVEREIGNTY IS NOT SUBJECT TO THE LAW.

So now I come to citizen and citizenship.
citizenship n. The status of a citizen with its attendant duties, rights, and privileges.

citizen n. 1. A person owing loyalty to and entitled by birth or naturalization to the protection of a state or nation. 2. A resident of a city or town, especially one entitled to vote and enjoy other privileges there. 3. A civilian. 4. A native, inhabitant, or denizen of a particular place.

Notice: Loyalty is exchanged for protection.

Since my initial audience is in the State of Illinois, it is an Illinois Statute that I present:
745 ILCS 10/4‑102.
Neither a local public entity nor a public employee is liable for failure to establish a police department or otherwise provide police protection service or, if police protection service is provided, for failure to provide adequate police protection or service, failure to prevent the commission of crimes, failure to detect or solve crimes, and failure to identify or apprehend criminals. This immunity is not waived by a contract for private security service, but cannot be transferred to any non‑public entity or employee.

Have you got that?
Public entities and public employees are NOT LIABLE for failing to protect the citizens of the State of Illinois.

No protection: No loyalty.  No loyalty: Not a citizen.

The resultant effect of law is the same in every state. Illinois was just nice enough to spell it out very clearly.

I was born as one of The People. I was not born a citizen.

This essay was written in regard to having perused a Boy Scouts pamphlet for earning a "citizenship" badge.

I have a serious conflict of interest with any organization or school system that purports to teach "citizenship" without teaching what this essay presents.

This essay is about the single concept that is the key to why this conflict of interest exists.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 09:10:45 AM by Admin »
Natural Law Matters