Author Topic: Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn  (Read 431 times)

Offline Dale Eastman

• Owner of myself and this website
  • Administrator
  • Promiscuous Poster
  • Reputation 0
  • This space for rent
    • Synaptic Sparks
Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn
« on: April 04, 2021, 07:51:17 AM »
“And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand?... The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt! If...if! We didn't love freedom enough. And even more – we had no awareness of the real situation.... We purely and simply deserved everything that happened afterward.”
― Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn
Natural Law Matters

Offline Dale Eastman

• Owner of myself and this website
  • Administrator
  • Promiscuous Poster
  • Reputation 0
  • This space for rent
    • Synaptic Sparks
Re: Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2023, 11:36:18 AM »
"𝓐𝓷𝓭 𝓱𝓸𝔀 𝔀𝓮 𝓫𝓾𝓻𝓷𝓮𝓭 𝓲𝓷 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓬𝓪𝓶𝓹𝓼 𝓵𝓪𝓽𝓮𝓻, 𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓷𝓴𝓲𝓷𝓰: 𝓦𝓱𝓪𝓽 𝔀𝓸𝓾𝓵𝓭 𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓷𝓰𝓼 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓫𝓮𝓮𝓷 𝓵𝓲𝓴𝓮 𝓲𝓯 𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓻𝔂 𝓢𝓮𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓽𝔂 𝓸𝓹𝓮𝓻𝓪𝓽𝓲𝓿𝓮, 𝔀𝓱𝓮𝓷 𝓱𝓮 𝔀𝓮𝓷𝓽 𝓸𝓾𝓽 𝓪𝓽 𝓷𝓲𝓰𝓱𝓽 𝓽𝓸 𝓶𝓪𝓴𝓮 𝓪𝓷 𝓪𝓻𝓻𝓮𝓼𝓽, 𝓱𝓪𝓭 𝓫𝓮𝓮𝓷 𝓾𝓷𝓬𝓮𝓻𝓽𝓪𝓲𝓷 𝔀𝓱𝓮𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓻 𝓱𝓮 𝔀𝓸𝓾𝓵𝓭 𝓻𝓮𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓷 𝓪𝓵𝓲𝓿𝓮 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓱𝓪𝓭 𝓽𝓸 𝓼𝓪𝔂 𝓰𝓸𝓸𝓭-𝓫𝔂𝓮 𝓽𝓸 𝓱𝓲𝓼 𝓯𝓪𝓶𝓲𝓵𝔂? 𝓞𝓻 𝓲𝓯, 𝓭𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓹𝓮𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓭𝓼 𝓸𝓯 𝓶𝓪𝓼𝓼 𝓪𝓻𝓻𝓮𝓼𝓽𝓼, 𝓪𝓼 𝓯𝓸𝓻 𝓮𝔁𝓪𝓶𝓹𝓵𝓮 𝓲𝓷 𝓛𝓮𝓷𝓲𝓷𝓰𝓻𝓪𝓭, 𝔀𝓱𝓮𝓷 𝓽𝓱𝓮𝔂 𝓪𝓻𝓻𝓮𝓼𝓽𝓮𝓭 𝓪 𝓺𝓾𝓪𝓻𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓸𝓯 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓮𝓷𝓽𝓲𝓻𝓮 𝓬𝓲𝓽𝔂, 𝓹𝓮𝓸𝓹𝓵𝓮 𝓱𝓪𝓭 𝓷𝓸𝓽 𝓼𝓲𝓶𝓹𝓵𝔂 𝓼𝓪𝓽 𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓻𝓮 𝓲𝓷 𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓲𝓻 𝓵𝓪𝓲𝓻𝓼, 𝓹𝓪𝓵𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝔀𝓲𝓽𝓱 𝓽𝓮𝓻𝓻𝓸𝓻 𝓪𝓽 𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓻𝔂 𝓫𝓪𝓷𝓰 𝓸𝓯 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓭𝓸𝔀𝓷𝓼𝓽𝓪𝓲𝓻𝓼 𝓭𝓸𝓸𝓻 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓪𝓽 𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓻𝔂 𝓼𝓽𝓮𝓹 𝓸𝓷 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓼𝓽𝓪𝓲𝓻𝓬𝓪𝓼𝓮, 𝓫𝓾𝓽 𝓱𝓪𝓭 𝓾𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓼𝓽𝓸𝓸𝓭 𝓽𝓱𝓮𝔂 𝓱𝓪𝓭 𝓷𝓸𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓵𝓮𝓯𝓽 𝓽𝓸 𝓵𝓸𝓼𝓮 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓱𝓪𝓭 𝓫𝓸𝓵𝓭𝓵𝔂 𝓼𝓮𝓽 𝓾𝓹 𝓲𝓷 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓭𝓸𝔀𝓷𝓼𝓽𝓪𝓲𝓻𝓼 𝓱𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓪𝓷 𝓪𝓶𝓫𝓾𝓼𝓱 𝓸𝓯 𝓱𝓪𝓵𝓯 𝓪 𝓭𝓸𝔃𝓮𝓷 𝓹𝓮𝓸𝓹𝓵𝓮 𝔀𝓲𝓽𝓱 𝓪𝔁𝓮𝓼, 𝓱𝓪𝓶𝓶𝓮𝓻𝓼, 𝓹𝓸𝓴𝓮𝓻𝓼, 𝓸𝓻 𝔀𝓱𝓪𝓽𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓻 𝓮𝓵𝓼𝓮 𝔀𝓪𝓼 𝓪𝓽 𝓱𝓪𝓷𝓭?... 𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓞𝓻𝓰𝓪𝓷𝓼 𝔀𝓸𝓾𝓵𝓭 𝓿𝓮𝓻𝔂 𝓺𝓾𝓲𝓬𝓴𝓵𝔂 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓼𝓾𝓯𝓯𝓮𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓪 𝓼𝓱𝓸𝓻𝓽𝓪𝓰𝓮 𝓸𝓯 𝓸𝓯𝓯𝓲𝓬𝓮𝓻𝓼 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓽𝓻𝓪𝓷𝓼𝓹𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓪𝓷𝓭, 𝓷𝓸𝓽𝔀𝓲𝓽𝓱𝓼𝓽𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓸𝓯 𝓢𝓽𝓪𝓵𝓲𝓷'𝓼 𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓻𝓼𝓽, 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓼𝓮𝓭 𝓶𝓪𝓬𝓱𝓲𝓷𝓮 𝔀𝓸𝓾𝓵𝓭 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓰𝓻𝓸𝓾𝓷𝓭 𝓽𝓸 𝓪 𝓱𝓪𝓵𝓽! 𝓘𝓯...𝓲𝓯! 𝓦𝓮 𝓭𝓲𝓭𝓷'𝓽 𝓵𝓸𝓿𝓮 𝓯𝓻𝓮𝓮𝓭𝓸𝓶 𝓮𝓷𝓸𝓾𝓰𝓱. 𝓐𝓷𝓭 𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓷 𝓶𝓸𝓻𝓮 – 𝔀𝓮 𝓱𝓪𝓭 𝓷𝓸 𝓪𝔀𝓪𝓻𝓮𝓷𝓮𝓼𝓼 𝓸𝓯 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓵 𝓼𝓲𝓽𝓾𝓪𝓽𝓲𝓸𝓷.... 𝓦𝓮 𝓹𝓾𝓻𝓮𝓵𝔂 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓼𝓲𝓶𝓹𝓵𝔂 𝓭𝓮𝓼𝓮𝓻𝓿𝓮𝓭 𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓻𝔂𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓽𝓱𝓪𝓽 𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓹𝓮𝓷𝓮𝓭 𝓪𝓯𝓽𝓮𝓻𝔀𝓪𝓻𝓭."
― Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn
Natural Law Matters