Author Topic: Liberty or Slavery?  (Read 212 times)

Offline Dale Eastman

• Owner of myself and this website
  • Administrator
  • Promiscuous Poster
  • Reputation 0
  • This space for rent
    • Synaptic Sparks
Liberty or Slavery?
« on: November 05, 2021, 08:51:38 AM »
30 OCT 2021
Liberty or Slavery?
Do you want to be a slave?

I shouldn't need to ask this question, yet I must because of the repercussions, often hidden, of people not examining this question. I ask this question because it sets the foundation on what I have concluded is an absolute, non-relative moral boundary.

I base this absolute morality on a simple premise: If I don't want any specific harm done to me, any person attempting to do that specific harm to me is acting immorally.

If I don't want harm done to me, then it is immoral for me to do harm to any other human. I use slavery as an example of harm initiated against other humans. Anybody that attempts to enslave other humans is a criminal intending to harm others.

I have had discussions with people who believe that an action is not criminal if there is no law against the action that causes that specific harm. Using that logic, humans enslaving humans is not a criminal act. However humans enslaving humans IS a criminal act according to Natural Law as expressed by John Locke in his Second Treatise of Government. Enslavement is a crime against humanity. King George and Adolf Hitler were Natural Law criminals.
Natural Law Matters