Old Dialog Boards and Old Threads > Old Threads

A Facebook Discussion part 2

<< < (3/3)

Dale Eastman:
"So you want to replace the oligarchy of 535 with the oligarchy of yourself?"

--- Quote from: Ms.X ---Yes and I'm not being sarcastic. I want power which only comes with wealth but I don't want the things wealth can buy just the power. I know I will never have such power but you asked if I want it so I'm being honest.
--- End quote ---

Since you recognize that you will never have that power, my attempt to get you to see that your designs for world domination are evil amounts to mental masturbation on my part. With your statement you convey to me that you don't care that what you want is to increase evil in the world.

--- Quote from: Ms.X ---Being greedy for power is different than being greedy for luxuries, don't you think?
--- End quote ---

Not at all.

The term luxury has not been defined. And what counts as a luxury is relative. A flush toilet in a 12th century castle in the 12th century would be a luxury, don't you think.

Setting aside the corrupt monetary policy of the elite, If I want a luxury, I trade my labor (my property) for the coin of the realm and when I have enough coins of the realm, I exchange them for that luxury.

As to you being greedy for power and wanting to be the oligarch, here's some definitions found under the head of MEGALOMANIA.
A psychopathological condition characterized by delusional fantasies of wealth, power, or omnipotence.
An obsession with grandiose or extravagant things or actions.
A form of mental alienation in which the patient has grandiose delusions.
A psychological state characterized by delusions of grandeur.
The belief that you are much more important and powerful than you really are.
And an interesting search result: Narcissistic personality disorder.

Seems to me that you are arguing from a position of stinking thinking.

--- Quote from: Ms.X ---If I were in charge there would be less inequality because I'd be the one who decides.
--- End quote ---

Grandiose much?

Your authority would be just as bogus as those you replace.
And I absolutely must question, when you are told to go pound sand in response to your edicts, what are you going to do? Use your power inequality to hurt those who are disobeying your commands?  You can not retain your bogus authority without adding evil to the world.

--- Quote from: Ms.X ---There will never be egalitarian -- I just want less unequal in wealth not in power
--- End quote ---

I will just brush against this in passing. Wealth has not been defined. Wealth includes my bicycle, my chess board, and my computer. Wealth also includes what passes for money, a separate discussion.

There is wealth acquired by exchange of labor, services, and goods; and There is wealth acquired by deception, theft, and strong-arm robbery. So how much of the wealth inequality is created by crime? And by crime, I also mean laws that create unlevel playing fields. In a word: Monsanto.

--- Quote from: Ms.X ---Morons smoke crack and keep the pregnancy and then dump it somewhere.
--- End quote ---

How many of those crack babies have you fostered?
You don't need criminals calling themselves government to take care of those babies.

--- Quote from: Ms.X ---Morons get pregnant at 15 to go on welfare and avoid education.
--- End quote ---

OBJECTION!
Welfare is money the criminals called government extort from the people who earn it.
Welfare is what allows its recipients to avoid education.
I have an acquaintance who was on welfare. She got a job and needed just a little help. Health insurance for her children. The system was all or nothing. So much for motivation to get off gubmint's teat.

--- Quote from: Ms.X ---Morons shoot people and spend their lives in jail.
--- End quote ---

No! Criminals shoot people and spend their lives in jail.
But not if they have a shiny badge and a blue costume.
You are still following Counter Current News and Police the Police aren't you?

--- Quote from: Ms.X ---Morons eat poison. Morons shoot up heroin.
--- End quote ---

Okay. You've just described situations of evolution in action.
What are you going to do as the oligarch, attach the death penalty to attempted suicide?
I've read a description of drug use as “self-medication.” You get your PTSD meds by prescription; others self-prescribe.

--- Quote from: Ms.X ---No I can't control what they do but I can change the laws so that serial breeders do not get extra money every time they pop out a child.
--- End quote ---

Sigh.
LMPTFY. Let me parse that for you:
I can change the politician's opinions so that serial breeders do not get extra loot, booty, plunder every time they pop out a child.

No criminals called gubmint: no loot, booty, plunder to be given to others, extra or otherwise.

--- Quote from: Ms.X ---I can change legislation with power and thus attempt to steer the morons to a better path.
--- End quote ---

LMPTFY:
I can change politician's opinion's with power and thus issue comply or die edicts to those I think are morons.

--- Quote from: Ms.X ---Will I success with everyone? No?
--- End quote ---

The reality is you will succeed with NO one... Unless you intend to emulate those who thought like you.

Your words

--- Quote from: Ms.X ---of course I will kill those who don't want to do things my way -- it is about CONTROL
--- End quote ---

That's exactly how these people thought: Adolf Hitler, Joseph Stalin, Benito Mussolini, Mao Zedong, Fidel Castro, Marshall Joseph, Tito, General Augusto Pinochet, Idi Amin, Ho Chi Minh, Saddam Hussein, Ayatollah Khomeini, Pol Pot.

So it appears that great minds do think alike.
/Snarcasm

Repeating with a one word change:
3. You want to make things better by making morons to live healthier lives by exercising, eating a well balanced diet, not smoking, not drinking alcohol, not using drugs, not eating too much candy. What would you do about their refusal to obey? Silly question... Asked and answered: “of course I will kill those who don't want to do things my way” Killing people makes their lives healthier?

--- Quote from: Ms.X ---Social workers want to make the world better. So do I. That requires power and control, not freedom.
--- End quote ---

So you claim. Understand that to gain and use that power and control you must add to the evil in the world.

--- Quote from: Ms.X ---Freedom does not excite me much as I already feel free enough despite the existence of the IRS and government.
--- End quote ---

The irony of a scoff law calling for more law is not lost on me.

--- Quote from: KV ---I fear a good person with power and my best interests at heart more than I do bad people with bad intentions.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: Ms.X ---why?
--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: Lysander Spooner ---The highwayman takes solely upon himself the responsibility, danger, and crime of his own act. He does not pretend that he has any rightful claim to your money, or that he intends to use it for your own benefit. He does not pretend to be anything but a robber. He has not acquired impudence enough to profess to be merely a “protector,” and that he takes men’s money against their will, merely to enable him to “protect” those infatuated travellers, who feel perfectly able to protect themselves, or do not appreciate his peculiar system of protection. He is too sensible a man to make such professions as these. Furthermore, having taken your money, he leaves you, as you wish him to do. He does not persist in following you on the road, against your will; assuming to be your rightful “sovereign,” on account of the “protection” he affords you. He does not keep “protecting” you, by commanding you to bow down and serve him; by requiring you to do this, and forbidding you to do that; by robbing you of more money as often as he finds it for his interest or pleasure to do so; and by branding you as a rebel, a traitor, and an enemy to your country, and shooting you down without mercy, if you dispute his authority, or resist his demands. He is too much of a gentleman to be guilty of such impostures, and insults, and villainies as these. In short, he does not, in addition to robbing you, attempt to make you either his dupe or his slave.
--- End quote ---

Dale Eastman:
Ms.X posted this to my timeline

--- Quote ---CT has a comment that I liked so much I am going to share it:

Corporatism is a form of State Capitalism. Most common in Fascism. Cappies claiming that western 'mixed economies' are remotely Corporatist are deluded. 'Durrrrr duh regulations mang,' that's not Corporatism... that's simply a regulated market. The majority of regulations are against actual monopolies/duopolies/oligopolies that came to exist naturally... because that's what 'muh free market Capitalism' leads to when left to run its natural course.

Cappies don't seem to grasp that the vast majority of wealth has been in the hands of a tiny fraction of the population for millennia - and even as that 'expands' it's barely by a fraction of that fraction. So of course wealth ends up becoming relatively centralised resulting in massive market dominance that would be even more horrid than it is if it weren't regulated.

If you want an economy where everybody actually has a chance to engage in a FREED market then you'll be a Mutualist/Left-wing Market Anarchist... because despite all your blind faith, 'muh invisible hand' isn't going to overpower the influence of billions/trillions of dollars in wealth/resources/capital.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: Ms.X ---What do you say D?
--- End quote ---

I say Voltaire was correct when he stated: If you wish to converse with me, define your terms.
I say there are several terms that must be defined for productive dialog to happen.
I say the label Cappie is devoid of meaning.
I say the label Cappie is meant to pigeon hole a somewhat affiliated class of people without regard for their differences.

CT is in error when he claims regulations are not corporatism, that's simply a regulated market.

--- Quote from: Wikipedia ---Regulatory capture is a form of government failure that occurs when a regulatory agency, created to act in the public interest, instead advances the commercial or political concerns of special interest groups that dominate the industry or sector it is charged with regulating.[1] When regulatory capture occurs, the interests of firms or political groups are prioritized over the interests of the public, leading to a net loss to society as a whole. Government agencies suffering regulatory capture are called "captured agencies".
--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: CATO Institute ---The facts point in an entirely different direction:
• Enron was a tireless advocate of strict global energy regulations supported by environmentalists. Enron also used its influence in Washington to keep laissez-faire bureaucrats off the federal commissions that regulate the energy industry.
• Philip Morris has aggressively supported heightened federal regulation of tobacco and tobacco advertising. Meanwhile, the state governments that sued Big Tobacco are now working to protect those same large cigarette companies from competition and lawsuits.
• A recent tax increase in Virginia passed because of the tireless support of the state's business leaders, and big business has a long history of supporting tax hikes.
• General Motors provided critical support for new stricter clean air rules that boosted the company's bottom line.
[...]
The History of Big Business Is the History of Big Government
As the federal government has progressively become larger over the decades, every significant introduction of government regulation, taxation, and spending has been to the benefit of some big business.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---The majority of regulations are against actual monopolies/duopolies/oligopolies that came to exist naturally
--- End quote ---

Zatso?  How many cable providers can you choose from in your locality?

--- Quote from: 'Tampa Bay Online' ---Cable companies may hold local monopolies, but local governments and public utility commissions dictate this lack of competition through sweetheart deals designed to line the pockets of the city at the consumer’s expense.
[…]
When government decides who can and can’t compete in a market, it’s free to set whatever fees it wishes for right-of-way use and institute whatever regulatory barriers it wants. This has naturally created a system of kickbacks, through which cable companies agree to pay absurd user fees in exchange for special treatment, with the government agency using its regulatory powers to prevent competitors from entering the market. Thus, consumers are generally left with the choice of one cable provider, which is free to charge whatever rates it chooses without fear of losing its market share to a low-cost competitor.
--- End quote ---

The invisible hand is that which guides people to Walmart instead of higher priced stores selling the exact same goods. The invisible hand is that which rewards the manufacturers who provide products more efficiently at a lower price. The invisible hand is why VHS became the video recording standard even though BetaMax was a higher quality format. Price and recording time being two factors.

Missing definitions:
What is capitalism?
What is a free market?
What is wealth?
What is money?
What is commodity money?
What is receipt money?
What is fiat money?
What is fractional money?
What is fractional reserve banking?

Navigation

[0] Message Index