4 > Discussions; Public Archive

PS

<< < (2/3) > >>

Dale Eastman:

--- Quote from: 2 April @ 1043 ---YOU:
➽ Why don’t you post an OP on the subject?
ME:
What the fuck do you think this is?
YOU:
➽ Dale, never saw it. I wasn’t tagged.
ME:
You were, but Fecalbook being Fecalbook, So looking at it now, the tag is missing.
YOU:
➽ Dale, never wait to check that stuff before taking the opportunity to insult people.

⛒ ⛒ ⛒ ⛒ ⛒ ⛒ ⛒ ⛒ ⛒ ⛒

𝟙. Please explain the insult you claim I made.

𝟚. You were tagged in the original thread where our discussion started:
29 March @ 1101;
30 March @ 0919;
30 March @ 1237;
30 March @ 1840.

⛒ ⛒ ⛒ ⛒ ⛒ ⛒ ⛒ ⛒ ⛒ ⛒

⇉ If I stuffed $4000 worth of Federal Reserve Notes in my mattress ten years ago, why are they not worth as much today as when I earned them?

➽ That’s called inflation,

I know what the decrease in the value Of the "FEDERAL RESERVE NOTES" a.k.a. "LEGAL TENDER" is called. My error in not being specific enough with my question. What causes this "INFLATION"?

None of your following 260 words address this topic.

➽ Since we have to choose between inflation and deflation, we choose inflation, for obvious reasons.

Who, specifically, is this "WE"? Who, exactly, are you presuming to speak for? Am I included in this "WE"?
Reminder, I did warn you that I am a pedantic asshole. Especially when it come to claims on the internet.

➽ the value of a dollar

Is this a dollar like what you are referring to?

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: 2 April @ 1347 ---Dale, not sure what your point is.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: 2 April @ 1348 ---We all know what a federal reserve not[e] is.

It’s a US dollar, in cash.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: 2 April @ 1412 ---➽ Dale, not sure what your point is.

I will accept the blame for my apparent lack of clarity

➽ We all know what a federal reserve not[e] is.

Who, specifically, is this "WE"? Who, exactly, are you presuming to speak for? Am I included in this "WE"?
Reminder, I did warn you that I am a pedantic asshole. Especially when it come to claims on the internet.

Further comment is held and reserved because I'm re-asking a question you missed:

What is the value of this "bill"?

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: 2 April @ 1415 ---Dale, the value of that bill is one dollar.

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: 2 April @ 1418 ---You’re obviously trying to head somewhere, and I’m pretty sure I know where you’re trying to go.

I’ve been to this rodeo 100 times before.

You’re asking the wrong questions.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: 2 April @ 1421 ---Here, I’ll offer a conclusionary teaser:

The US can never go bankrupt, never needs to borrow money, and only borrows money as a policy choice in order to manage inflation and interest rates.

The US, with its current monetary system, can never become Greece, or the Weimar Republic, or Zimbabwe.

However, the policies of people like Ron Paul, Peter Schiff, and others who think like they do, could easily turn us into any of those.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: 2 April @ 1441 ---➽ You’re asking the wrong questions.

Your errant opinion is noted.

I ask questions to get answers. Your unwillingness/refusal to answer my questions says a great deal to me regarding your implied expertise in banking.

➽ Dale, the value of that bill is one dollar.

What is the value of "one dollar"?

--- End quote ---

Dale Eastman:

--- Quote from: 2 April @ 2011 ---Dale, what should it be?

Every good, and hour of labor, has some value (which we call utility).

We use money as a medium to arbitrate the differences in the values of those different goods and services.

So the dollar is worth a dollar. It’s a unit of measurement.

Your question is like asking “how long is a foot?” It’s a foot. Twelve inches.

Is it as long as a rock? Depends on the rock. It’s what we use to measure the length of other things.

A dollar is what we use to measure the utility of other things.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: 2 April @ 2013 ---There is only one thing which has a price which does not vary: taxes.

The US government issues the dollar, and it has the power to tax dollars.

So a dollar is always of the exact value (utility, actually) to satisfy one dollar of tax obligation.

That’s not a specious answer.

That’s fundamental to understanding how money works.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: 3 April @ 0734 ---I often have my wife read over my shoulder as a reality check. Her comment on this discussion was that you are just not "getting it".

I conclude that I have failed to communicate in a manner that you can understand.

ME:
⇉ What is the value of "one dollar"?
YOU:
➽ Dale, what should it be?

Not what it is.
⛒ ⛒ ⛒ ⛒ ⛒ ⛒ ⛒ ⛒ ⛒ ⛒
Quoting Voltaire: "If you wish to converse with me, define your terms."

There are words, phrases, or terms being used in this discussion that have NOT been defined.
Undefined words, phrases, or terms allow equivocation.
Equivocation interferes with communication.

27 March @ 1150 I asked:
⇉ "What is "MONEY"?"

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: 3 April @ 0822 ---Dale, you’re not being sincere.

You didn’t ask me what money is, or if you did it was on a thread about Ukraine or abortion, or buried in a wall of sarcasm surrounded by little pointy bullshit symbols.

Had you asked the fucking question, I would have been happy to answer.

I’m out.

If you want to drop the condescension (which is ironic, because it’s clear you know less than nothing about the subject), let me know.

But it’s impossible to discuss anything who bloviates with walls of text to say absolutely nothing.

Suffice it to say that I have answered every question, and you’ve responded with nastiness and immaturity.

Out.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: 3 April @ 0835 ---And I’ll part with a simple answer to the question you whine that you asked *DAYYYYS AGO* *SIIIIGHHH*, but never did.

Money is a tax credit which can be used to settle tax debts and all other lawful debts.

All you had to do to get an answer was stop acting like some sort of drama dude with special inside information as a result of being aware of a conspiracy theory which was nonsense from the day Griffin decided he could make more money hawking books about it than he could hawking fake cancer treatments to people dying of cancer.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: 3 April @ 0839 ---I've been publicly archiving our discussion on my website since March 26, 2024, 01:56:06 PM
https://www.synapticsparks.info/dialog/index.php?topic=1715.0
Your failure to follow this discussion is on you.

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: 3 April @ 1422 ---Dale, and?
--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: 3 April @ 1423 ---“My failure to follow”?

lololol!!
--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: 3 April @ 1425 ---You’re not engaging in any discussion. You’re playing juvenile games.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: 3 April @ 1536 ---➽ You’re not engaging in any discussion. You’re playing juvenile games.

The archived discussion indicates you were looking in the mirror when you wrote that.

The proper and correct definition of MONEY is something that is a measure and store of value.

Liars in banking and government don't want that definition to be used. It lays bare their BS.

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: 3 April @ 1536 ---Dale, that’s not a “correct” definition.

It’s an ideological definition, and I already explained why that definition is both incorrect and harmful.

But you’ve spent so much time prancing around and not answering discussion points that you don’t even know what the hell is going on.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: 3 April @ 1550 ---Dale, you’re arguing that you want money to be a specific thing, then saying that what you want should be the definition.

Argument by definition isn’t argument at all, it’s a logical fallacy called tautology.

You said you had questions.

You clearly don’t.

You believe whatever the hell you want, no matter how illogical or specious.

I already pointed out just how factually wrong the one source you identified as is.

No answer from you.

You’re just reiterating nonsense by people who can’t even get their facts straight.
--- End quote ---

Dale Eastman:

--- Quote from: 4 April @ 0802 ---ME:
The proper and correct definition of MONEY is something that is a measure and store of value.
YOU:
Dale, that’s not a “correct” definition.

Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur.
I don't belong to your church.
I do not share your religious beliefs.

𝟘𝟘𝟘𝟙. Please explain exactly how money is not a store of value?

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: 4 April @ 2058 ---Dale, your question is irrelevant.

Houses are a store of value.

They’re not money.

That isn’t the definition of money.

You sure spend a lot of words to end up asking a question which is either wholly irrelevant or based on a false premise.

Maybe if you cut out all the preliminary throat clearing and just got to the point right away, it would be possible to actually have a discussion.

Sadly, I’m not sure your apparently pointlessly argumentative temperament would allow that.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: 5 April @ 0708 ---Your 77 word response did not address the question asked.

ME:
YOU:

𝟘𝟘𝟘𝟚 Admit or deny that with those six words you denied that money is a store of value.

The question you refuse to answer still stands unanswered.

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: 5 April @ 0742 ---Dale, I answered your question about the definition of money days ago.

Since you’re so fond of filling space with words, and screenshotting, I’ll let you go back and find it.

I answered your question about “store of value”, also. Thats not a definition of money. Many things “store value”. That doesn’t make them money.

I also answered, like a week ago, WHY “store of value” is a bad definition of money. A store of value is “better” if it appreciates in value. We do NOT want money to do that.

I explained why we don’t want that last week. Since you screenshot everything, you can go back and look that answer up.

This is all stuff I answered days or weeks ago, and you’re back again, ponderously asking the same questions.

Your obsession with repeating other’s words and displaying screenshots really does keep you from following what others say.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: 5 April @ 0958 ---Your 177 word response DID NOT address the very SPECIFIC question asked.

ME:
YOU:

𝟘𝟘𝟘𝟚 Admit or deny that with those six words you denied that money is a store of value.
𝟘𝟘𝟘𝟚 Is a very simple question to answer. That you claimed money is not a store of value is plainly evident regardless of your refusal to admit that you denied money is a store of value.

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/burden-of-proof
The burden of proof lies with someone who is making a claim, and is not upon anyone else to disprove. The inability, or disinclination, to disprove a claim does not render that claim valid, nor give it any credence whatsoever.

The question you refuse to answer still stands unanswered.

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: 5 April @ 1506 ---Dale, your logical fallacy is non sequitur.

Saying that money happens to be a store of value doesn’t mean that’s the definition of it.

“A house is a store of value”.

According to you, that makes a house money.

That’s illogical.

I’ve pointed this out, AND given a definition of money which is unique to money.

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: 5 April @ 1507 ---And I didn’t claim money was NOT a “store of value”.

I said that’s not the definition of it.

Pay attention, please.
--- End quote ---

Dale Eastman:

--- Quote from: 6 April @ 0732 ---5 April @ 1506
➽ Saying that money happens to be a store of value doesn’t mean that’s the definition of it.

Your statement of your opinion is noted.

5 April @ 1507
➽ I didn’t claim money was NOT a “store of value”.

You made this claim by very strong implication. I will cede the truth of your claim that you didn't directly claim money was NOT a “store of value”.

You didn't bother to make this claim until after I challenged your implication THREE times. I did so: 4 April @ 0802; 5 April @ 0708; & 5 April @ 0958. I copy-pasted YOUR words in context where you implied this claim On 4 April @ 0802 & 5 April @ 0708 . Do I need to repeat this a third time?

5 April @ 1506
➽ I’ve [...] given a definition of money which is unique to money.

I'll be back in a moment. I'm checking that claim for validity.

Not including this post, the word "money" has been used 70 times in this discussion.

27 March @ 1150 I posted the 28th, 29th, & 30th use of the word:
𝟙. What is "MONEY"?
𝟚. I REJECT this claim. "MONEY" has NOT been defined and agreed to.
𝟛. I don't. "MONEY" has NOT been defined and agreed to.

I did find three of your uses of the word that almost could pass as partial definitions of the word.

27 March @ 0810
money ALWAYS enters the system as [...] accounting entries on a bank’s books.

Didn't define the word.

2 April @ 2011
We use money as a medium to arbitrate the differences in the values of those different goods and services.

Didn't define the word either.

3 April @ 0835
Money is a tax credit which can be used to settle tax debts and all other lawful debts.

Didn't define the word either.

One can use water to wash a car. ⇇ Listing its use does not define what water is.

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: 6 April @ 0847 ---Dale, money *is* a tax credit.

*of a type* which can be used to settle tax debts and all lawful debts.

That describes what money *is*

* tax credit
* legal tender

Boom.

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: 6 April @ 0849 ---Objects which “store value” are called “durable goods”.

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: 6 April @ 0850 ---Functionally, the terms “money” and “currency” are interchangeable.

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: 6 April @ 0852 ---Money, by the way, is whatever a monetarily sovereign government defines it to be.
It doesn’t matter what you think money SHOULD be.

Thats what money is.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: 6 April @ 0906 ---Maybe things would go better if, rather than going on three day misunderstandings of what I said, you spent less time trying to tell me what I said, and more time trying to understand what I said, and asking what I meant if you think I haven’t been clear.

The most unproductive thing in life is putting words in other’s mouths. It just gets nothing done.

But yeah, screenshot that stuff so everyone knows, forever, how you got it wrong because you want me to have said something other than what I did.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: From another discussion thread 3 April @ 1451 ---I know math is very hard for the left but since Mar-A-Lago is three times the size of the most expensive listing in Palm Beach..
--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: So I replied 6 April @ 0809 ---Lefties? Doesn't that translate to closet Marxists?
--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: 6 April @ 0948 ---You wouldn’t know what Marxism is if you had a mouthful.

Nobody of any importance in the US is a Marxist.

But nice try at bringing back red scare McCarthyism.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: 6 April @ 1301 ---I acknowledge that you opined and posted your opinion.

Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur This is a fancy way to say, in Latin Your opinion means nothing my opinion cancels yours
--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: 6 April @ 1353 ---Dale, it’s not my opinion.

It’s a definition, not of how money SHOULD work, but how it is.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: 6 April @ 1400 ---You are confusing your threads.
To quote your own words right back at you:
5 April @ 1507
➽ Pay attention, please.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: 6 April @ 1440 ---Oh ffs

It’s really hard to tell what thread you’re commenting on, because most of your comments are snarky nonsense that have nothing to do with the topic.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: 6 April @ 1617 ---Because YOU are confused, I put your OFF-TOPIC words in the public archive of our OTHER discussion.
https://www.synapticsparks.info/dialog/index.php?topic=1715.msg17742#new

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: 6 April @ 1620 ---6 April @ 0906
➽ The most unproductive thing in life is putting words in other’s mouths.
5 April @ 1506
➽ According to you, that makes a house money.

Like how you attempted to put those words in my mouth?
POT-KETTLE-BLACK.

6 April @ 0906
But yeah, screenshot that stuff so everyone knows, forever, how you got it wrong because you want me to have said something other than what I did.

You have errantly called my "Copy-Pasting" a "screenshot" FOUR times already in this discussion. Yet you presume to educate me regarding the meanings of words, phrases, and terms.

I copy-paste the words of liars, so I can prove their lies by displaying their actual words.

--- End quote ---

Dale Eastman:

--- Quote from: 7 April @ 1618 ---https://www.synapticsparks.info/dialog/index.php?topic=1715.msg17051#msg17051

I told you that I will be publicly archiving this discussion on my website. I often peruse such saved discussions to remind myself of missed points, be the points deliberately ignored or simply overlooked. In re-reading the discussion I'm reminded that a question I asked was not adequately answered. To your credit you didn't ignore the question.

I asked: ⇉ If I stuffed $4000 worth of Federal Reserve Notes in my mattress ten years ago, why are they not worth as much today as when I earned them?

You answered: ➽ That’s called inflation

Your answer admitted that the value of $4000 worth of Federal Reserve Notes in my mattress LOST value.
𝟘𝟘𝟘𝟛. Admit or Deny that is what your answer admitted.

If my labor value stored in $4000 worth of Federal Reserve Notes in my mattress LOST value, then some of the purchasing power of the value of my labor stored in those FRN's was stolen from me.
𝟘𝟘𝟘𝟜. Admit or Deny that is what your answer admitted.

I admitted and then asked: ⇉ My error in not being specific enough with my question. What causes this "INFLATION"?
 In reviewing my question I realize I needed to be more specific with my question.

𝟘𝟘𝟘𝟝. What actions, by whom, took the purchasing power of the value of my labor stored in those FRN's?

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: 8 April @ 1327 ---Dale, I get it.

You’re super full of yourself.

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: 8 April @ 1341 ---I answered every question you asked.

Your response has been to claim I didn’t, using odd symbols and claiming you’re screenshotting and posting this somewhere else, as if that’s some sort of dark warning.

I couldn’t care less.

The problem is that you know nothing about the subject.

When I give answers, you don’t know enough to recognize that they *are* answers.

You don’t know enough to know that there aren’t economic facts, there are economic theories.

There are theories of inflation, some of which I think are nonsense (including what you apparently subscribe to, but don’t realize is just one of many theories).

You may not want to screenshot this stuff.

It’s going to look like a cave person telling a modern person that his flashlight is sorcery, and telling the modern person “I’m writing this down on my cave wall, so everyone knows how little you understand about sorcery”.
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version