• Owner of myself and this website
  • Administrator
  • Promiscuous Poster
  • Reputation 0
  • This space for rent
    • Synaptic Sparks
TC
« on: September 14, 2020, 04:54:53 PM »
'It seems more accurate to say "God was created in -our- image to be everything we are, only without any of our limitations."'
God isn't a person. The King James bible says that God is love. If you take that literally, it changes the concept and the conversation.
Genesis 19:24
➽ Then the LORD rained upon Sodom and upon Gomorrah brimstone and fire from the LORD out of heaven;

Yep. God showered love on Sodom, Gomorrah, and Pompeii.

'Nuff pasted? Would you like more examples of god/love?
https://biblehub.com/kjv/genesis/19.htm
Genesis is old testament, before Christ, "the redeemer", before forgiveness.
God's love in the new testament...

Matthew 10:15
Verily I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom and Gomorrha in the day of judgment, than for that city.

Matthew 10:34-36
Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law. And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.

Romans 1:28-32
And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient; Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers, Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful: Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

Matthew 5:17-20
Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

God's Old T rules still apply, so you better get to stoning all those Walmart employees to death for working the sabbath.
Vengeance is MINE, sayeth the Lord.
also, Judge not, lest thou be judged.
and, Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.
➽ Vengeance is MINE, sayeth the Lord.

Who, specifically, is this Lord you are quoting?
I just wanna be sure we are discussing the same entity.
I'm not quoting God, I'm quoting the bible, which was written by people.
If one's lord is the biblical "God", then their lord is love.
➽ I'm not quoting God, I'm quoting the bible
➽ The King James bible says that God is love.
➽ Vengeance is MINE, sayeth the Lord.

So you're quoting contradictory hearsay?

In keeping with the three evidentiary requirements, the Hearsay Rule, as outlined in the Federal Rules of Evidence, prohibits most statements made outside a courtroom from being used as evidence in court. This is because statements made out of court normally are not made under oath, a judge or jury cannot personally observe the demeanor of someone who makes a statement outside the courtroom, and an opposing party cannot cross-examine such a declarant (the person making the statement). Out-of-court statements hinder the ability of the judge or jury to probe testimony for inaccuracies caused by Ambiguity, insincerity, faulty perception, or erroneous memory. Thus, statements made out of court are perceived as untrustworthy.
https://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/hearsay

So the writers of the bible can not be cross-examined to question "inaccuracies caused by Ambiguity, insincerity, faulty perception, or erroneous memory".

The writers of the bible can not be questioned regarding their proof of what god said.
Nor can they be questioned about their evidence that god even exists.
If the Lord of the manor, or the Lord of the land, is your idea of God, and who you want or need to obey, and Love is my understanding of what I believe God to be, then we simply don't agree on the definition of God, and don't worship or obey the same God.
The Lord, THY God, is not my God. My God is love.
➽ then we simply [...] don't worship or obey the same God.

How do you know what god wants from you?
How do you know what god's rules are for you?

➽ then we simply don't agree on the definition of God [...]

How could I agree with you on your definition of god if I don't know and understand your definition of god?

Am I correct or incorrect in my assumption that you believe god is an existing living entity?
I believe that God is love. My God is love. I believe that love exists, and lives. Entity? No. Love is not an entity, although it does exist in SOME entities.
My dog loves me. She is an entity. I am not her God, but her love for me might be her God. It causes her to be obedient, loyal, and protective, and co-operative.
Apologies for being so delinquent in my reply.
I had work to do and though I find our dialog interesting, my bigger fish to fry are the statists, as I think you are aware because I saw your post in one of those threads.

The intent of my questions and queries is to understand where from and how you arrived at your understanding of "your" god. Your low-key replies do not paint you as a "bible thumper". Your lack of proselytizing making for a pleasant dialog with you. The ones I refer to as bible thumpers, often make claims of "god said in the bible". These claims are fair game for my probing questions. Believers in god, government, and authority do not like my probative questions about their beliefs.

So if you choose to not reply, I'll assume this dialog has reached its end.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2020, 09:49:15 AM by Admin »
Natural Law Matters