Author Topic: Your government making sure you don't feed your infant food.  (Read 160 times)

Offline Dale Eastman

• Owner of myself and this website
  • Administrator
  • Promiscuous Poster
  • Reputation 0
  • This space for rent
    • Synaptic Sparks
This page addresses my wanting to know why the Govturds have issued the edicts (do what we say or else) don't feed homemade formula.

➽ The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) released an advisory on Feb. 24 warning parents and caregivers not to use homemade baby formula.

Going to the original source via the link to the FDA.

➽ Infant formula can be the sole source of nutrition for infants and is strictly regulated by the FDA. The agency has requirements for certain nutrients in infant formulas, and if the formula does not contain these nutrients at or above the minimum level or within the specified range, the infant formula is adulterated. Homemade infant formula recipes have not been evaluated by the FDA and may lack nutrients vital to an infant’s growth.

Examining the FDA claim(s).

➽ Infant formula CAN BE the sole source of nutrition for infants

Might be.
May be.
Could be.

Not IS THE ONLY SOURCE.

➽ The agency has requirements for...

Well, if the formula is for public sale to the general public, quality standards, Not a problem for me in spite of my bias against Govturds.

➽ if the formula does not contain these nutrients at or above the minimum level or within the specified range, the infant formula is adulterated.

WARNING: Dishonest use of the word adulterated.
adjective
1. having been made impure by addition of inferior ingredients; -- said of substances or foods.
2. Mixed with impurities
3. mixed with impurities
~~ Wordnik ~~

➽ Homemade infant formula recipes [...] may lack nutrients vital to an infant’s growth.

Why then, is the FDA not providing suitable formula's that meet it's (alleged) quality standards?

FDA source: https://www.fda.gov/food/alerts-advisories-safety-information/fda-advises-parents-and-caregivers-not-make-or-feed-homemade-infant-formula-infants
Natural Law Matters